Finding a competent HVAC company can get difficult, but it doesn’t have to. If you know what to look for when looking for a good company, here are a few things you will want to research about a company that you may be considering: experts, licenses, reviews, and questions to ask them.
Are They Experts
Most states require that an HVAC professional have a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience before becoming a licensed professional. This helps because the professional will need to have a good understanding of safety issues in heating systems such as electricity, natural gas, oil, or cooling units that use toxic refrigerants such as Freon. If the professional does not have knowledge of these issues they could hurt themselves, or cause harm to your home and family.
A license is required by most states for HVAC professionals. There is also a database that has a list of licensed professionals in your area. Some local cities also have other requirements for HVAC professionals that you will need to check with your local building department.
Questions You Should Ask
- Are they licensed, bonded and insured?
- Do they carry liability insurance to protect the homeowner in the case of accidental damage or injury?
- What are some of their references?
- Can they give an estimate or the work you need?
- Will all your project costs and details be properly detailed out and written down?
- What brands does the company carry?
- What experience with your system does the company have?
- Does the company do tax credits or rebates with the work you need done?
- What is the company’s payment schedule?
- Does the company offer any service contracts for your work?
You will want to look on different sites to find reviews for any company you may be considering. With reviews you can get a good feel for how a company operates as well as their costs. Not every review is credible though. You will need to find as many reviews for the same company as possible in order to compare them.
Don’t let finding the right HVAC company be difficult — follow these simple tips and call Air Handlers OBX today. The trained professionals at Air Handles OBX provide friendly and knowledgeable service that you can count on. They have many trained professionals that know how to do the job right the first time.