Pollution can cause a great deal of health problems in the home as well as the work place. The air inside your home is typically dirtier than the air outside. Air purifiers are a great way to clean the air around you. Without an air purifier you could be breathing in bacteria, viruses, mold, and other harmful particles. There are many different types of air purifiers. Having so many types to choose from has both benefits and drawbacks, though. For help determining which purifiers are the best quality, and which would also work best for your home, call your local HVAC specialist.
What You Need To Know About Air Purifiers
- Cleans the air around you
- Gets rid of harmful bacteria and mold spores that may be in the air of your home
- Makes the air inside your home easier to breathe
- Helps keep your home free from viruses
- Many Types: With so many types of purifiers out there it can be hard to find the right one for your home. There are also brands that do not work as they should. Some can even cause more harm than good.
- Expensive: Purifiers can be expensive to maintain. If you do not find one that works for your home, or if you find one that does not even do the job it is made for, it can get costly.
Types of Air Purifiers
- Filters: These clean the air by removing particles from the air that passes through them.
- Ionizing Purifiers: These work by creating an ion field that changes the molecules that pass through it. When they are changed they become attracted to the metal plates located inside the purifier.
- Adsorbents: These work within a purifier to trap odors, fumes, and chemicals that may be in the air.
- UV Light: These are located in some purifiers, and are used to eliminate potentially harmful bacteria and viruses. UV light works by bathing them in ultraviolet light as they pass through the purifier.
- Industrial Purifiers: These are used in factories to eliminate contaminants in the building. These also help factories to meet environmental standards.
If you are in need of an air purifier, call your local Outer Banks HVAC specialist today. Air Handlers OBX has trained professionals that can help you with all your HVAC needs. With the help of Air Handlers the air in your Outer Banks home will be clean and safe for you and your family to breathe. So call Air Handlers OBX today and breathe easy again.