Spring time is here which means warmer weather. Warmer weather means you will be running your air conditioning unit. If you want your air conditioning unit to continue to work as intended there are a few things you will need to do. Keeping your thermostat set to a certain temperature is a good place to start. Clearing up around your air conditioning unit is another great way to keep it up and running. The best thing you could do to keep your air conditioning unit in tip-top shape is having it routinely maintained by a professional.
AC Maintenance Tips
- Patience: This is for those that disconnect the power to their air conditioning unit. If you disconnect your power you will need to wait 24 hours before turning your system on.
- Thermostat Settings: If you are not going to be home, set your thermostat a little higher than normal to help cut down on your usage level. Also, setting your thermostat to a certain temperature that is comfortable to you and leaving it set to that all day is a great idea.
- Sun Is Bad: Letting the sun come in your house can cost you energy. Planting trees and installing awnings are great ways to keep the sun out and keep your house cooler. With a cooler house you can save money.
- Cleaning: Rake up any leaves or debris you may have blocking your air conditioning unit. If these are not cleaned up they will cause your unit to not run efficiently. If your unit is not running efficiently it can cause problems and cost you money in wasted energy.
- Maintenance: Having your air conditioning unit maintained regularly and repaired as needed can help you save money in the long run. It will also help your system run more smoothly and live longer. Having your system maintained regularly can also help by finding any issue your system may have that you don’t know about. it’s obviously better to find potential problems before they get bad.
If you follow these tips and call a professional for help, you can save money and keep cool all spring and summer. If you need help with your air conditioning unit, call us at Air Handlers OBX today. Our trained techs can help you get your AC unit running more efficiently. Our techs at Air Handlers OBX can also help with more tips for keeping your home cooler during the hot spring and summer months.