Finding the right HVAC company can be difficult, but it does not have to be. It is important to find the perfect company. If the company you choose does not know what they are doing, it could cost you. With spring being here, it is important to have a professional company to rely on so that you are not stuck in the heat if your AC unit quits. Here are a few things you will want to research about a company that you may be considering.
Are They Professionals?
Most states require that an HVAC professional have a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience before becoming a licensed professional. This is important because the professional will need to have a good understanding of safety issues in heating systems, such as those involving electricity, natural gas, oil, or cooling units that use toxic refrigerants like freon. If the professional does not have experience with these issues, they could hurt themselves, or cause harm to your home and family. Therefore it is very important to find a company that is very knowledgeable about these issues and how to fix any problems with them.
Questions You Should Ask
- Do they carry liability insurance to protect the homeowner in the case of accidental damage or injury?
- Does the company offer any service contracts for your work?
- Are they licensed, bonded and insured?
- What are some of their references?
- Can they give an estimate of the work you need?
- Will all your project costs and details be properly detailed and written down?
- What experience with your system does the company have?
- Does the company do tax credits or rebates with the work you need done?
- What brands does the company carry?
- What is the company’s payment schedule?
You will want to look on different sites to find reviews for any company you may be considering. With reviews, you can get a good feel for how a company operates as well as their costs. Not every review is credible though. You will need to find as many reviews for the same company as possible in order to compare them. Finding reviews from neighbors and friends and family are also a great way to learn which company would work best for you.
Don’t let this spring and summer heat bother you! Find a reliable HVAC company today. If you need help beating the heat this spring, call us at Air Handlers OBX today. Our trained techs can help with any problem your HVAC system may be having. They can also help keep your unit maintained so that it runs more efficiently.