Spring has sprung and summer is charge full force ahead. This means great things in OBX—beaches, amazing weather, fantastic festivals. Getting left in the sweltering heat in your own home, however, is definitely not on the list! The A/C unit in your home is the largest consumer of energy. Keeping it running efficiently will control energy costs. Call the Outer Banks’ premier air conditioning service, Air Handlers OBX, to tune-up your air conditioning unit and ensure comfortable home temperatures for the months to come.
When you schedule an Air Handlers OBX A/C tune-up, our expert technician will:
- Conduct a thorough inspection. This includes inspecting the A/C unit and all related components to ensure nothing is overlooked. We will inspect all electrical elements and lubricate or tighten any connections where necessary.
- Test the motor. A proper working motor is crucial to a well running A/C system. We make sure the belts are still in tight and avoiding wear and lubricate it.
- Test the air conditioning unit’s refrigerant charge. If a system is incorrectly charged, the system will not cool properly and subsequently waste a lot of energy and money.
- Test the A/C system for refrigerant leaks. Leaks can be just as bad, if not worse, than the unit being incorrectly charged.
- Check the ductwork. We will ensure the ductwork connected to your HVAC unit doesn’t leak and allows for optimal air flow.
- Asses and clean the evaporator coil. Air flow over the evaporator coil allows us to see how efficient it is. Improper air flow is generally due to it being dirty and causes decreased cooling capacity.
- Test the thermostat. This includes ensuring the controls actually deactivate the heating system when it is set into cooling mode and that your system is able to meet the temperature settings.
As a home owner, you can also do your part to maintain your air conditioning system. Keep up with replacing your filters monthly, as dirty filters will restrict air flow. Clean up any debris or vegetation that blocks your exterior unit so it will not restrict air flow or reduce efficiency. Call Air Handlers OBX to schedule an annual A/C tune-up and maintenance.